Place:


Kenn  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kenn like this:

KENN, a parish, with a village, in Bedminster district, Somerset; near the coast, 2 miles NNW of Yatton r. station, and 11 ½ WSW of Bristol. Post town, Yatton, Somerset. Acres, 1, 018. Real property, £3, 090. Pop., 282. Houses, 47. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged to the Kenns; one of whom was Bishop Kenn, of Bath and Wells, in the time of James II The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. ...


Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Yatton. The church was rebuilt in 1861; consists of nave and chancel, with vestry, porch, and tower; and contains some ancient monuments. There is a national school.

Kenn through time

Kenn is now part of North Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kenn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kenn in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12979

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kenn ".