Place:


Healey  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Healey like this:

HEALEY, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Masham parish, N. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 2 miles W by S of Masham, and 6¾ S of Finghall Lane r. station; and has a post office under Bedale.-The township bears the name of Healey-with-Sutton. Acres, 4, 827. Real property, £2, 617. ...


Pop., 317. Houses, 65.—The chapelry was constituted in 1849. Rated property, £4, 364. Pop., 900. Houses, 214. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Admiral Harcourt. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £185.* Patron, the Vicar of Masham. The church was built in 1848, and is a cruciform edifice, with tower and spire. There is a free school.

Healey through time

Healey is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Healey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Healey, in Harrogate and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12873

Date accessed: 20th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Healey ".