Place:


Green Hammerton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Green Hammerton like this:

HAMMERTON (GREEN), a village and a township in Whixley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands near Hammerton r. station, 1½ mile SE of Whixley; and has a post office under York. The township comprises 070 acres. Real property, £, 304. Pop., 333. Houses, 74. Hammerton Hall is the seat of R. H. Farrer, Esq. There are chapels for Independents, Wesleyans, and U. Free Methodists.

Green Hammerton through time

Green Hammerton is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Green Hammerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Green Hammerton, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12818

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Green Hammerton ".