Place:


Langtoft  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langtoft like this:

LANGTOFT, a village and a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln. The village stands near Car-dyke, 2 miles NW by N of Market-Deeping, and 3 E of Tallington r. station; and is well built. The post-town is Market-Deeping. The parish comprises 2,520 acres. Real property, £4,900. Pop., 7 46. Houses, 167. ...


The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Aveland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300. * Patron, Lord Aveland. The church is ancient; was recently restored; has a tower and fine spire; and contains two ancient monuments of the Hydes. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a Church of England school, and charities £16.

Langtoft through time

Langtoft is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langtoft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langtoft, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12783

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langtoft ".