Place:


East Keal  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Keal like this:

KEAL (EAST), a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands on an acclivity 2½ miles SW by S of Spilsby r. Station, and 9 SW of Alford; has a post office under Spilsby; and commands a fine view of the Fens. The parish comprises 1,847 acres. Real property, £3, 506. ...


Pop., 393. Houses, 86. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to J. Buider and J. Sharp, Esqs. There are chalybeate springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £495 * Patron, the Rev. J. Spence. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and was restored in 1855. There are a national school, and charities £8.

East Keal through time

East Keal is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Keal itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Keal, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12680

Date accessed: 04th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Keal ".