Place:


Fimber  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fimber like this:

FIMBER, a township-chapelry in Wetwang parish, E. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Driffield and Malton railway, 8¾ miles WNW of Great Driffield. It has a station, jointly with Stedmere, on the railway; and its post town is Wetwang, under Driffield. Acres, 1,840. Real property, £1, 591 . Pop., 204. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Wetwang, in the diocese of York. The church was rebuilt in 1869. There is a Methodist chapel.

Fimber through time

Fimber is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fimber itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fimber, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12579

Date accessed: 19th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fimber ".