Place:


Chilton Cantelo  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chilton Cantelo like this:

CHILTON-CANTILO, a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; on the river Yeo, near the East Somerset railway, 3¼ miles N of Yeovil. Post town, Yeovil. Acres, 631. Real property, £1, 774. Pop., 112. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £260.* Patron, H. Goodford, Esq. The church is very good.

Chilton Cantelo through time

Chilton Cantelo is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chilton Cantelo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chilton Cantelo in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12564

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chilton Cantelo ".