Place:


Eryholme  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eryholme like this:

ERYHOLME, a township-chapelry in Gilling parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Tees, on the verge of the county, 2½ miles NNE of Dalton r. station, and 4½ SE by S of Darlington. Post town, Neasham, under Darlington. Acres, 2, 198. Real property, £2, 384. Pop., 176. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £49.* Patron, the Vicar of Gilling. The church is good.

Eryholme through time

Eryholme is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eryholme itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eryholme, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12433

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eryholme ".