Place:


Grimoldby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grimoldby like this:

GRIMOLDBY, a village and a parish in Linth district, Lincoln. The village stands 3 miles NE of Legbinrner. station, and 4 E by N of Linth; and has a post office under Linth. The parish comprises 1, 729 acres. Real property, £2, 884. Pop., 321. house, 71. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to S. ...


T. Scrope, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £144. Patron, the Rev. James Wood. The church is transition decorated English; consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with a tower; has a tie beam queen post roof; and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Free Methodists, and charities £8.

Grimoldby through time

Grimoldby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grimoldby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grimoldby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12359

Date accessed: 16th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grimoldby ".