Place:


Deighton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Deighton like this:

DEIGHTON, a chapelry in Northallerton parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 1¾ mile SW of Welbury r. station, and 5 NNE of Northallerton. Post town, Appleton-Wiske, under Northallerton. Acres, 2, 052. Real property, £1, 965. Pop., 141. Houses, 26. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Northallerton, in the diocese of York.

Deighton through time

Deighton is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Deighton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Deighton, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12287

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Deighton ".