Place:


Penllech  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penllech like this:

PENLLECH, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the W coast of the Lleyn peninsula, 10½ miles W by S of Pwllheli r. station. Post-town, Llaniestyn, under Pwllheli. Acres, 2, 187; of which 93 are water. Real property, £1, 335. Pop., 261. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p.curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llaniestyn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is indifferent. Bishop Griffith was a native.

Penllech through time

Penllech is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penllech itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penllech, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12268

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penllech ".