Place:


Mellteyrn  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mellteyrn like this:

MYLLTEYRN, or Meyllteyrn, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 9½ miles W S W of Pwllheli r. station. Post-town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 519. Real property, £1, 230. Pop., 265. Houses, 53. The living is a rectory, united with the p.curacy of Bottwnog, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £178.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is ancient.

Mellteyrn through time

Mellteyrn is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mellteyrn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mellteyrn, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12267

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mellteyrn ".