Place:


Llandegwning  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandegwning like this:

LLANDEGWNING, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, near Hell's Mouth bay, 7¼ miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 23 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1,488; of which 120 are water. Real property, £1,003. Pop., 142. Houses, 20. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llaniestyn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Tegonwy, and was recently in disrepair.

Llandegwning through time

Llandegwning is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandegwning itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandegwning, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12235

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandegwning ".