Place:


Edeyrn  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edeyrn like this:

EDEYRN, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, 3 miles W by S of Nevin, and 8 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It includes Porth Din-Llyn and Garswylld village, and has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 380; of which 20 are water. Real property. £1, 814. Pop., 613. Houses, 145. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Carngiwch. and Pistill, in the diocese of Bangor. Valne, £362.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £7.

Edeyrn through time

Edeyrn is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edeyrn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edeyrn, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12219

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edeyrn ".