Place:


Bryncroes  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bryncroes like this:

BRYNCROES, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the river Soch, under Mynydd-Rhiw, 12 miles WSW of Pwllheli r. station. Post Town, Bottwnog, under Pwllheli. Acres, 3,646. Real property, £2,100. Pop., 889. Houses, 210. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £107. Patron, W. G. Wynne, Esq. The church needs repair. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel. Charities, £18.

Bryncroes through time

Bryncroes is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bryncroes itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bryncroes, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12209

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bryncroes ".