Place:


South Elkington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Elkington like this:

ELKINGTON (South), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 3 miles W of the E Lincoln railway, and 2¼ WNW of Louth. It contains the hamlets of Ackthorpe and Coach-Grange; and has a post office, of the name of Elkington, under Louth. Acres, 3, 049. Real property, £5, 001, of which £270 are in quarries. Pop., 333. Houses, 64. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of North Elkington, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £370.* Patron, the Rev. W. Smith. The church is good.

South Elkington through time

South Elkington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Elkington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Elkington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12191

Date accessed: 27th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Elkington ".