Place:


Bodferin  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodferin like this:

BODFERIN, or Bodvern, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, 4½ miles N by W of Aberdaron, and 14 WSW of Pwllheli r. station. Post Town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 511. Real property, £278. Pop., 50. Houses, 12. The living is a p. curacy, united with Llaniestyn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church has disappeared; but there are ruins of an ancient chapel.

Bodferin through time

Bodferin is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bodferin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodferin, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12174

Date accessed: 28th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bodferin ".