Place:


Clint  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clint like this:

CLINT, a township in Ripley parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Roman road from Ilkley to Aldborough, 1¼ mile WSW of Ripley. It includes the hamlet of Burnt-Yates; and has a well-endowed school. Acres, 1, 750. Real property, £2, 780. Pop., 482. Houses, 99.

Clint through time

Clint is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clint itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clint, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12143

Date accessed: 05th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clint ".