Place:


Sutton Veny  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Veny like this:

SUTTON-VENEY, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; 1¼ mile WSW of Heytesbury r. station. It has a post-office under Warminster. Acres, 3,580. Real property, £4,425. Pop., 794. Houses, 181. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £800.* Patron, G. W. Heneage, Esq. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £11.

Sutton Veny through time

Sutton Veny is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Veny itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Veny in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12116

Date accessed: 25th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Veny ".