Place:


Cleasby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cleasby like this:

CLEASBY, a parish in the district of Darlington and N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Tees, at the boundary with Durham, near the York and Berwick railway, 2½ miles WSW of Darlington. It has a post office under Darlington. Acres, 970. Real property, £2, 079. Pop., 189. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £188.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon. The church was built by Bishop Robinson, a native; and is good.

Cleasby through time

Cleasby is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cleasby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cleasby, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12072

Date accessed: 21st May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cleasby ".