Place:


Patney  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Patney like this:

PATNEY, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts; on the river Avon, and on the Mid-Wilts railway, 3 miles W by S of Woodborough r. station, and 4½ E S E of Devizes Post-town, Devizes. Acres, 830. Real property, £1, 532. Pop., 154. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Radnor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £225.* Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is ancient but good, and has a wooden spire. There is a national school.

Patney through time

Patney is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Patney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Patney, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12058

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Patney ".