Place:


Donington on Bain  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Donington on Bain like this:

DONINGTON-UPON-BAIN, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; on the river Bain, 6½ miles SW of Louth, and 7½ SW of Louth r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Donington, under Louth. Acres, 1,890. Real property, £2, 828. Pop., 552. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £173.* Patron, Lord Monson. The church is very ancient, and was recently in disrepair. There are chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Free Methodists, a national school, and charities £42.

Donington on Bain through time

Donington on Bain is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Donington on Bain itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Donington on Bain, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12047

Date accessed: 27th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Donington on Bain ".