Place:


Manningford Abbots  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Manningford Abbots like this:

MANNINGFORD-ABBOTS, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 2 miles SW of Pewsey r. station. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 919. Real property, £1,484. Pop., 1 39. Houses, 32. The manor belonged to Llanthony abbey; and was given, at the dissolution, to Protector Somerset. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £300.* Patron, Sir F. Astley, Bart. The church is ancient.

Manningford Abbots through time

Manningford Abbots is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Manningford Abbots itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Manningford Abbots, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11959

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Manningford Abbots ".