Place:


South Cockerington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Cockerington like this:

COCKERINGTON (South), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; near the East Lincoln railway, 3¼ miles NE of Louth. Post town, Louth. Acres, 1,880. Real property, £2, 920. Pop., 300. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £163. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The chur. ch is late perpendicular English, and contains an effigies of Sir A. Scrope, who died in 1623. There are three Methodist chapels.

South Cockerington through time

South Cockerington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Cockerington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Cockerington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11952

Date accessed: 23rd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Cockerington ".