Place:


Little Carlton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Carlton like this:

CARLTON (Little), a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 2 miles E of Legbourne r. station, and 4½ ESE of Louth. Post Town, Carlton, under Louth. Acres, 1,006. Real property, £1,735. Pop., 181. Houses, 33. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in they diocese of Lincoln. Value, £159.* Patron, John Forster, Esq. The church is good.

Little Carlton through time

Little Carlton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Carlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Carlton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11901

Date accessed: 16th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Carlton ".