Place:


Kingston Deverill  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston Deverill like this:

DEVERILL-KINGSTON, a parish in Mere district, Wilts; on the Deverill rivulet, 4 miles NE by N of Mere, and 6 SW of Heytesbury r. station. It has a post office under Warminster. Acres, 2, 060. Real property, with Deverill-Monckton, £3, 875. Pop., 376. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £308. Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church has an old font; and is very good.

Kingston Deverill through time

Kingston Deverill is now part of West Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston Deverill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston Deverill in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11715

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston Deverill ".