Place:


Bicker  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bicker like this:

BICKER, a parish in Boston district, Lincoln; 1½ mile SW of Swineshead r. station, and 8 WSW of Boston. It includes the hamlets of Frist and Gauntlet, and part of the tract of Copping-Syke; and has a post office under Spalding. Acres, inclusive of the extra-parochial tract of Ferry-Corner, 3,720. ...


Real property, £8,002. Pop., 832. Houses, 166. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £440.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church was once cruciform; has a transition Norman nave, and a central tower: and contains a Norman font. There are two Methodist chapels, a free school, and charities £116.

Bicker through time

Bicker is now part of Boston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Boston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bicker itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bicker, in Boston and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11567

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bicker ".