Place:


Beswick  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beswick like this:

BESWICK, a township-chapelry in Kilnwick parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile NW of Lockington r. station, and 6½ N by W of Beverley. It includes the hamlet of Wilfholme; and has a post office under Beverley. Acres, 1,593. Real property, £2,286. Pop., 252. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £65. Patron, the Master of Archbishop Holgate's grammar school. The church is good.

Beswick through time

Beswick is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beswick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beswick, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11561

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beswick ".