Place:


Baston  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baston like this:

BASTON, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; 3½ miles NNW of Market-Deeping, and 3 E by S of Brace borough r. station. It has a post office under Market Deeping. Acres, 3,520. Real property, £5,897. Pop., 787. Houses, 183. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £231. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £14.

Baston through time

Baston is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baston, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11521

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baston ".