Place:


West Ashby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Ashby like this:

ASHBY (West), a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 2 miles N by E of Horncastle r. station. It contains the hamlets of Farthorpe and Middlethorpe; and its Post Town is Horncastle. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £4,853. Pop., 526. Houses, 118. Ashby-Thorpe House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £54. Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle. The church is later English. There are two Methodist chapels and some charities.

West Ashby through time

West Ashby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Ashby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Ashby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11411

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Ashby ".