Place:


Lower Slaughter  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Slaughter like this:

SLAUGHTER (Lower), a parish, with a village, in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 1 mile N by W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. It has a post-office under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,140. Real property, £2,340. Pop., 212. Houses, 48. The manor belongs to S. Whitmore, Esq. The living is p. curacy, annexed to Bourton-on-the-Water. The church is Norman and early English.

Lower Slaughter through time

Lower Slaughter is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Slaughter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Slaughter, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11277

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Slaughter ".