Place:


Priest Hutton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priest Hutton like this:

HUTTON-PRIEST, a township in Warton parish, Lancashire; near the Kendal canal, the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, and the boundary with Westmoreland 2¼ miles S of Burton-in-Kendal. Acres, 1,068. Real property, £1,628. Pop., 218. Houses, 47. There is an endowed school for girls.

Priest Hutton through time

Priest Hutton is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Priest Hutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priest Hutton, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10762

Date accessed: 24th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Priest Hutton".