Place:


Cadeby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cadeby like this:

CADEBY, a township and a parish in Market-Bosworth district, Leicester. The township lies 1½ mile SE by S of Market-Bosworth, and 5 WSW of Desford r. station. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,662. Pop., 194. Houses, 43. The parish contains also the township of Osbaston; and its Post Town is Market-Bosworth, under Hinckley. ...


Acres, 2,130. Real property, £4,623. Pop., 422. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Atherstone hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £223.* Patron, Sir Alex. Dixie, Bart. The church is very good. Charities, £21.

Cadeby through time

Cadeby is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cadeby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cadeby, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10672

Date accessed: 20th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cadeby ".