Place:


Condicote  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Condicote like this:

CONDICOTE, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, 3 miles NW of Stow-on-the-Wold, and 4¾ SW of Moreton r. station. Post town, Stow-on-the-Wold, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 890. Real property, £1, 625. Pop., 182. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. Slight traces exist of a Roman camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol-Value, £158. Patrons, the Rev. W. Bishop and others. The church is ancient, and has a Norman doorway.

Condicote through time

Condicote is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Condicote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Condicote, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10566

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Condicote ".