Place:


Kenyon  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kenyon like this:

KENYON, a township in Winwick parish, Lancashire; on the LiVerpool and Manchester railway, at the junction of the Bolton and Leigh railway, 2½ miles E by N of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It has a station at the r. junction, and a post office under Manchester: and it gives the title of baron to the family of Kenyon. Acres, 1, 597. Real property, £2, 419. Pop., 274. Houses, 55. Bricks are made.

Kenyon through time

Kenyon is now part of Warrington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warrington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kenyon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kenyon, in Warrington and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10564

Date accessed: 19th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kenyon ".