Place:


Sutton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¾ mile S by E of Shrewsbury r. station. Post town, Shrewsbury. Acres, 730. Pop., 75. Houses, 15. There is a sulphurous spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £17. Patron, Lord Berwick.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10505

Date accessed: 09th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".