Place:


Stoke St Milborough  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke St Milborough like this:

STOKE-ST. MILBOROUGH, a parish, comprising S.-St. M. and Heath townships, in Ludlow district, Salop; 6¼ miles NE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 5,750. Real property, £5,362. Pop., 573. Houses, 119. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, with Heath chapelry, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £474. Patrons, the Representatives of the late Rev. G. Morgan. The church was recently restored. There are a chapel of ease at Heatb, Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.

Stoke St Milborough through time

Stoke St Milborough is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke St Milborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke St Milborough in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10498

Date accessed: 04th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke St Milborough ".