Place:


Charlton Abbots  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlton Abbots like this:

CHARLTON-ABBOTS, a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, 2½ miles S by E of Winchcomb, and 6 E by N of Cheltenham r. station. Post Town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,190. Real property, £1,247. Pop., 109. Houses, 18. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £38. Patron,J. Chamberlayne, Esq. The church is old.

Charlton Abbots through time

Charlton Abbots is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Charlton Abbots itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlton Abbots, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10485

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Charlton Abbots ".