Place:


Buckland  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckland like this:

BUCKLAND, a parish in Winchcombe district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, 1¾ mile SW of Broadway, and 6¼ WSW of Campden r. station. It includes the hamlet of Laverton; and its Post Town is Broadway. Acres, 2,270. Real property, £3,283. Pop., 355. Houses, 77. The manor belonged formerly to the Greshams; and belongs now to Sir T. ...


Phillips, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £222. Patron, Sir T. Phillips, Bart. The church is later English; has a fine painted window of the time of Edward IV.; and is in good condition. Thynne's school has £30 from endowment.

Buckland through time

Buckland is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buckland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckland, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10443

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buckland ".