Place:


Bledington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bledington like this:

BLEDINGTON, or Bladington, a parish in Stowon-the-Wold district, Gloucester; on the verge of the county and on the Oxford and Worcester railway, 2¾ miles S of Addlestrop station, and 4 SE of Stow-on-the-Wold. Post Town, Stow-on-the-Wold, under Moretonin-the-Marsh. Acres, 1,110. Real property, £2,868. Pop., 396. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of G. and Bristol. Value, £88. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Bledington through time

Bledington is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bledington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bledington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10400

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bledington ".