Place:


Harley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harley like this:

HARLEY, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on an affluent of the river Severn, 2 miles NW of Much-Wenlock r. station. It has a post-office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1,955. Real property, £3,779. Pop., 220. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, 276. * Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is good.

Harley through time

Harley is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harley, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10370

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harley ".