Place:


Aston Blank  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Blank like this:

ASTON-BLANK, or Ashton-Blank, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; under the Cotswolds, near the Fosse-way and the Windrush river, 4 miles NNE of Northleach, and 8 SW by W of Addlestrop r. station. It has a post office under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,250. Real property, £2,381. Pop., 325. Houses, 68. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £186.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are charities £39.

Aston Blank through time

Aston Blank is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aston Blank itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Blank, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10335

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aston Blank ".