Place:


Alstone  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Alstone like this:

ALSTONE, a chapelry in Overbury parish, Gloucester; 3½ miles ESE of Tewkesbury r. station, and 4½ NW of Winchcomb. Post Town, Tewkesbury. Acres, with Little Washbourne, 1,060. Rated property, £690. Pop., 96. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The living is a curacy, united to the vicarage of Overbury, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is very dilapidated.

Alstone through time

Alstone is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Alstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Alstone, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10318

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Alstone ".