Place:


Cressage  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cressage like this:

CRESSAGE, a chapelry in Cound parish, Salop; on the river Severn; and on the Severn Valley railway, 4 miles NW by N of Much-Wenlock. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Shrewsbury. Rated property, £2, 125. Pop., 356. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £248. Patron, the Rev. H. T. Pelham. The church is modern; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Cressage through time

Cressage is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cressage itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cressage, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10246

Date accessed: 07th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cressage ".