Place:


Wribbenhall  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wribbenhall like this:

WRIBBENHALL, a chapelry in Kidderminster parish, Worcester; at Bewdley r. station, within Bewdley borough, and communicating with Bewdley town by a bridge across the Severn. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post-office under Bewdley. Pop., 1,057. Houses, 249. There are several well built houses and some gentlemen's seats. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Kidderminster.

Wribbenhall through time

Wribbenhall is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wribbenhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wribbenhall, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10156

Date accessed: 02nd August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wribbenhall ".