Place:


Wollaston  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wollaston like this:

WOLLASTON, a township-chapelry in Old Swinford parish, Worcester; 1½ mile NW of Stourbridge r. station. It has a post-office under Stourbridge. Pop. in 1851, 1,229; in 1861, 2,041. Houses, 418. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of glass manufacture, and from the operations of Land Societies. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £200. Patron, W. O. Foster, Esq.

Wollaston through time

Wollaston is now part of Dudley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dudley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wollaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wollaston, in Dudley and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10153

Date accessed: 22nd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wollaston ".