Place:


Stoulton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoulton like this:

STOULTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcestershire; around Wadborough r. station, 5 miles SW of Worcester. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 1,952. Real property, £2,725. Pop., 410. Houses, 84. The manor belongs to Lord Somers. Wolverton Hall is the seat of W. Acton, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100.* Patron, Earl Somers. The church was restored in 1848. Derham, the author of "Physico-Theology,'' was a native.

Stoulton through time

Stoulton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoulton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10099

Date accessed: 06th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoulton ".