Place:


Stone  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stone like this:

STONE, a parish in Kidderminster district, Worcester; 2 miles ESE of Kidderminster r. station. It has a post-office under Kidderminster. Acres, 2,450. Real property £5,229. Pop., 475. Houses, 104. S. House, the Hoo, Dunclent, and Spennell House are chief residences. There is a worsted mill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £827.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is recent, and has a tower and spire. There are an endowed school with £37 a year, and charities £195.

Stone through time

Stone is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stone, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10098

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stone ".