Place:


Shelsley Beauchamp  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelsley Beauchamp like this:

SHELSLEY-BEAUCHAMP, or Great S., a township and a parish in Martley district, Worcester. The township lies on the river Teme, 3 miles NW of Martley, and 9 SW of Stourport r. station; and has a post-office under Worcester. Pop., 289. Houses, 53. The parish contains also the hamlet of Shelsley-Kings, and comprises 2,196 acres. ...


Real property, £3,782. Pop., 556. Houses, 118. The property is subdivided. The living is a rec tory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £500.* Patron, Earl Dudley. The church, excepting the tower, was recently rebuilt. There are an endowed school with £61 a year, and charities £66.

Shelsley Beauchamp through time

Shelsley Beauchamp is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelsley Beauchamp itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelsley Beauchamp, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10085

Date accessed: 21st February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelsley Beauchamp ".