Place:


Pensax  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pensax like this:

PENSAX, a chapelry in Lindridge parish, Worcester; 4½ miles S E of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station, and 6 S W of Bewdley. Post-town, Stockton, under Tenbury. Acres, 1, 190. Rated property, £1, 543. Pop., 503. Houses, 114. The property is divided among a few. Pen Halland Pensax Court are chief residences. Coal is worked. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Lindridge. The church is a neat building, with a tower.

Pensax through time

Pensax is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pensax itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pensax, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10001

Date accessed: 06th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pensax ".